Monday, October 8, 2012

My Husband Is Not My Best Friend

It's true.

My husband is not my best friend, he is my husband.

The word "husband" has lost some it's weight with the rise in divorce rates and the general mentality of the 'entitlement generation.' There is this idea that no human can be closer to me than my best friend so hopefully husband will be my best friend too. And that, like best friends, I can just find a new one when I come to a new season in my life.

Wrong.

Disclaimer: My best friends are amazing. But my best friends live out of state, they have missed important events in my life, like my wedding or the births of my children. Sometimes they don't call me back or respond to my texts. They don't help me raise my children, pay my bills or do the housework.

My husband is my husband.

He is the provider for my family. He is my helpmate. He is the father of my children. He is the leader of our household. He will change with me and our family through each new season of life.

Let's just say it. He's pretty awesome. :)

My husband is my husband. And I wouldn't have it any other way. K.





No comments:

Post a Comment